Monday, May 9, 2016

My Anecdote

It has been an entertaining experience...

Well my project has been interesting. It has given me some opportunities to get to observe younger kids and what they do and/or don't like, how they learn, and what drives their learning experience. When I was younger I always wanted to be a Kindergarten teacher. I love working with little kids and seeing what interests them. When I was in middle school, I went to Bethel, and as my elective I was a teacher's aide for Ms. Payne; my mentor. It was an easy in and she loves when I help her. 

Although not the best picture, this is the classroom setting I have been working in for the past month. That is Ms. Payne (if she knew I was taking the picture she would've moved).I absolutely love working in this classroom. The kids are amazing and super talented. Who knew? 
If my future career plans for some reason don't happen to work the way I want it to, I think one of my backup jobs would be a Kindergarten or Preschool teacher. 
The picture at the bottom is at a choir and dance performance that I went to to support the kids. Those are some of the students I have worked with while doing this project. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you have been enjoying this experience so much and even considering teaching as a possible career pathway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that's great that you're going into the classes and helping kids out. Keep up the good work. :)

    ReplyDelete